|Search for study unit:||ECTS||1||2||3||4||1A||1S||2A||2S||3A||3S||4A||4S||1||2||3||4||5||1||2||3||4||5||1||2||3||4||5||1||2||3||4||5|
|Introduction to Academic Studies||3|
|Finnish - Oral Skills||0|
|Finnish - Writing Skills||0|
|History of Art 1||3|
|History of Art 2||3|
|Contemporary Art and Design||3|
|Introduction to the Professional Field 1||6|
|Photo & Image Processing||3|
|History of Design and Photography||3|
|Introduction to the Professional Field 2||6|
|Working life contact 1||3|
|Working life contact 2||3|
Professional Studies, Photography
|Digital Image Processing 1||3|
|Video, Camera & Editing||3|
|Photographic Expression 1||3|
|Photographic Expression 2||3|
|Photographic Expressions 3||3|
|Digital Imaging 2||3|
|Documentary Photography 1||3|
|Photographic expressions 4||3|
|Digital Imaging 3||3|
|Media and advertising 1||3|
|Photographic assignments 1||6|
|Photographic Expressions 5||3|
|Photographic Expressions 6||3|
|Digital Imaging 4||3|
|Documentary Photography 2||3|
|Photographic assignments 2||6|
|Format and Context||3|
|Workshop - Ideas||6|
|Workshop - The Visual image||6|
|Workshop - Text and photos||6|
|Seminar - Photo||6|
(Select 9 ECTS)
|Practical Training-Photography 1||3|
|Practical Training-Photography 2||6|
|Practical Training-Photography 3||6|
|Practical Training-Photography 4||6|
|Practical Training-Photography 5||9|
Degree Thesis, Photography
|ECTS credits per period / semester / academic year||60||57||57||57||27||33||24||33||27||30||25.5||31.5||13.5||13.5||11||11||11||12||12||11||11||11||13.5||13.5||10||10||10||12.8||12.8||15.5||15.5||15.5|
Due to the timing of optional and elective courses, credit accumulation per semester / academic year may vary.
The degree programme in photography gives students a broad knowledge of photography. The goal is for each student to develop their own visual language, acquire solid technical skills, as well as an understanding of what the professional field of photography looks like and how it works.
We offer an intensive course of studies which covers many different ways of working, including extensive focus on the students’ own work, group assignments, projects with customers, internships, and a great deal of individual mentoring. Collaboration with different institutions and businesses is a major part of the programme. We strive to give each student opportunities to establish themselves in the photography business during their course of studies, and to create the foundation for their future working life.
PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY COMPETENCY
• the student has the ability to find their own identity within their professional field.
• the student is aware of the current situation of professional work in their field, and is able to recognise the continual changes in society and their own professional role.
• the student is able to find/create work opportunities for themselves.
• the student is able to communicate about their own position within the art world.
ART HISTORY COMPETENCY
• the student is familiar with and can give an account of artistic tradition and the history of art.
• the student demonstrates and active interest in the arts.
• the student has the ability to be critical of the traditional history of art, and is able to contribute to a constructive criticism of the field.
• the student is able to express themselves verbally, in writing, and in visual form regarding the history and traditions of art.
• the student is familiar with contemporary art and its connection to art history.
• the student is able to make a visual interpretation of society and their surroundings.
• the student is capable of abstract thinking.
• the student is able to define visual culture, and identify the challenges of the field.
CREATIVE AND ARTISTIC COMPETENCY
• the student is able to gather, combine, and analyse data and impressions in a creative manner.
• the student is able to express themselves by transforming these impressions into their medium of expression.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN YOUR FIELD
• the student knows how to use the central tools for carrying out assignments for customers and for their own artistic projects.
• the student is familiar with the structure, needs, and demands of their professional field.
• the student is familiar with the suitable forms of business and business praxis within their field.