To provide the student with skills to know how the deadweight, draught, different trims and speed affect the manoeuvring characteristics of the vessel and the effects of wind and currents and shallow waters.
The student knows the basics of the remote control of the main engine and other vessel manoeuvring equipment.
Terrestrial Navigation C
Content of the study unit
• Manoeuvring theory
• Manoeuvring the vessel at open sea and in connection with arrival and departure.
• Squat, canal effect and interaction
• Anchoring manoeuvres
• Manoeuvring in emergency situations
• Remote control using engines.
• The basics in mechanical terminology with reference to manoeuvring