As specified in STCW-Code:A-VI/5
• has the skills and knowledge required of a Ship Securi-ty Officer.
• has theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to manage the systems and complex of problems in con-nection with this special area.
Content of the study unit
• the ISPS Code, its background, objectives and structure
• security structures and principles
• security-related division of responsibilities
• the security assessment of a vessel
• security-related control devices
• ship security plan
• threats – identifying and detecting them, measures to be taken
• security measures onboard a vessel
• preparedness for emergency situations, education, training and drills
• security administration and security training