• The student
• is familiar with the accident and health risks onboard, the occupational safety organization and legislation.
• has knowledge and skills to manage and organise work onboard taking occupational safety into account.
Content of the study unit
• Vessel environment from the occupational safety perspective (accident and health risks)
• Accidents, accident statistics
• The objectives and organization of and legislation with reference to occupational safety
• ILO 1996-Accident prevention onboard ship at sea and in port.