The student is provided with the skills and knowledge to keep watch on the bridge as the officer of watch.
The student has knowledge of the methods of cooperation when on bridge duty.
The student has knowledge of vessel reporting systems.
The student is provided with skills to encounter emergency situations through the knowledge of measures which should be taken with reference to the safety of passengers in emergency situations; immediate action which should be taken after a col-lision or grounding and initial evaluation of damages.
The student is provided with knowledge about measures to be taken in order to save human life at sea, assist vessels in dis-tress and encounter emergency situations which can take place in harbours.
Watchkeeping Duties 1 A
Radar Plotting 2, Terrestrial Navigation C
Navigational Aids: Radar
Navigational Aids: GNSS, Compasses and steering
Navigational Aids 3: ECDIS,
MRM & ISM, GOC
Content of the study unit
• STCW with reference to watchkeeping on the bridge
• Decree 166/2013 and National regulations on watchkeeping onboard vessels (TRAFI/16654/03.04.01.00/2011)
• ICS Bridge Procedures Guide
• Applying watchkeeping duties in practical situations in the simulator
• VTS and reporting
• Teamwork and leadership skills