STCW A-III/1, A-III/2
• has skills to manage human and technical resources in an operative vessel environment
• is able to create conditions for a change in the attitudes towards a safer working culture and environment.
Content of the study unit
• The course aims at giving onboard personnel an opportunity to use and coordinate the knowledge, experience and resources which are available onboard and ashore in order to obtain and develop established safety and environmental protection objectives.
• The participant realises the benefits of a good management system and good teamwork and is able to communicate in an efficient and clear manner, to surpass cultural differences, to use common terminology and give examples of how attitudes and values can affect the decision-making process.
• The Maritime Resource Management (MRM) course has been developed by “The Swedish Club” marine insurance company.