As specified in STCW-Code: A-VI/5 A-III/I
has the skills and knowledge required of a Ship Security Officer.
has theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to manage the systems and complex of problems in connection with this special area.
Content of the study unit
• the ISPS Code, its background, objectives and structure
• security structures and principles
• security related division of responsibilities
• the security assessment of a vessel
• security related control devices
• ship security plan
• threats – identifying and detecting them, measures to be taken
• security measures onboard a vessel
• preparedness for emergency situations, education, training and drills
• security administration and security training