Terresterl Navigation B MM14O102-3008 03.10.2022-04.11.2022
Studieperiodens (kursens) lärandemål
• obtains knowledge of geodetics and chart projections.
• has command of the standardised buoyage systems and of the theory of lines of position.
• is able to project the earth’s coordinate system and its projection on even surfaces.
• has thorough knowledge of and ability to use nautical charts and publications such as sailing directions, notices to mariners, radio navigational warnings and ships’ routeing information.
Terrestrial Navigation A,
Studieperiodens (kursens) innehåll
• Geodetics and navigational chart production
• Geodetic datum
• Different types of chart projections and their areas of usage
• Different types of nautical charts and chart terms/electronical charts
• Presentation of nautical charts, various methods
• Interpreting the information taken from nautical charts and related publications
• Managing nautical charts and related publications onboard vessels
• The reliability of a nautical chart
• Defining of the buoyage system and navigation aids to navigation (IALA) and their reliability
• Theory of lines of position