STCW- Code: Table A-II/4 A-III/5
• knows how to make the vessel ready for sea and duties in port in connection with loading and discharging, cargo handling and handling of hazardous cargoes.
• knows the structure of a merchant ship and the most common vessel terms.
• has thorough knowledge of the objectives of environmental protection and occupational welfare.
• knows the characteristics and functioning of mooring equipment and lifting devices and cargo securing methods
• knowledge of procedures for safe handling, stowage and securing of stores