Decision Support Systems IME19LE07-3001 27.08.2020-21.10.2020
Studieperiodens (kursens) lärandemål
To equip students with theory and methods of decision-making in the industrial context. Corporate organizations' internal and external information flows are identified, analysed and evaluated to develop more robust decision-making processes. To provide app-roaches to both deal-with and benefit-from using big data. An introduction to tools used today for these purposes are examined. The course also deals with intellectual property and ethics regarding company information and data.
Studieperiodens (kursens) innehåll
- Decision-making theory in general with focus on decision- making based on quantitative data
- The company's internal information flow
- The company's external information flow: market,
business, customers, macro flows
- Data-driven business in technology and economics
- How to collect data, validate, describe, analyse and
- Predictive variables and target variables - a challenging
- Descriptive, predictive and prescriptive models
- The added value of data and data analysis
- Security, ethics and boundaries in using available and collected data.