• Lectures and written and oral exercises in the classroom.
• Practical radio traffic exercises using the GMDSS vessel radio stations and simulator.
06.09.2021 - 22.10.2021
11.06.2021 - 30.09.2021
1 - 30
Faculty of Technology and Seafaring
Degree Programme in Maritime Management, Captain, Degree Programme in Maritime Management
Åbo, Hertig Johans parkgata 21
The GOC-examination including a written examination and a practical test. The proficiencies are approved by the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
• Demonstrates familiarity with core material and concepts
• Correctly use single industry concepts
• Find information for a single situation
• Distinguishes everyday information from the data studied
• Acting in professional situations demonstrates familiarity with their professional field
• Shows that you have achieved your core competence goals
• Work safely
• Act in accordance with the ecological principles of the profession
• Organize your own and group activities
• Demonstrates consistent concepts and knowledge base in the field of familiarity
• Evaluate and limit the need for information
• Work well in professional tasks and situations
• Work in multicultural environments
• Work safely
• Work consistently with the ecological principles of the profession
• Organize your own and group activities consistently
• Expertly use industry concepts and information
• Evaluate and use different sources of information
• Apply the knowledge base in professional varied / challenging tasks with expertise
• To act in different positions, in different operating environments.
• To act independently and responsibly in a professional situation
• Act with safety in mind
• To justify the activity in accordance with the ecological principles of the profession
• To organize your own and the group's activities in a professional manner