• has thorough knowledge of the legislation regulating the duties and occupational protection onboard as well as the effects seafaring has on the environment.
• is able to undertake precautionary measures to prevent the pollution of the maritime environment.
• understands orders and is understood in regard to onboard duties.
• is able to contribute towards meaningful interpersonal rela-tions onboard a vessel.
• is aware of the existence of international safety conven-tions regarding maritime environment and ship safety.