• is able to determine the vessel’s position with the help of electronic navigational aids.
• understands the structure of ECDIS.
• knows the errors and limitations of the ECDIS systems as well as their levels of accuracy in giving positions
• knows different kinds of electronic navigational charts, their configuration and pros and cons.
• has skills in using satellite positioning systems and electronic navigational charts.
• knows the operational aspects of AIS.
• knows the operational aspects of VDR.