Radio Communication GOC SF14O120-3007 12.09.2022-18.11.2022
4.5 credits(SFK21D-Å, ...)+-
Competence objectives of the study unit
The student has knowledge and skills to manage radio communication at sea on a ship radio station, equipped with radio equipment according to the GMDSS-system for all sea areas.
Professional English 1
Content of the study unit
• According to the IMO and CEPT recommendations:
• Maritime radio traffic according to the International Radio Regulations and rules issued by the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
• SAR-lectures, distress, safety and routine traffic exercises
• Practical radio traffic exercises using the GMDSS vessel radio stations and simulators
• Lectures and exercises with reference to overhaul and maintenance of a vessel radio station