The student knows
• the basic principles of ship construction.
• the correct terms referring to the most important construc-tion details on a vessel and their purpose on the vessel.
• the technical solutions for preventing vessels from polluting the maritime environment.
• the structural solutions on ships to prevent fires and the spreading of fires.
• the principles of ship maintenance and how they affect the condition and life-span of the vessel and understands the significance of one’s own contribution to ship maintenance.
• the classification of vessels.
• the corrosion problems on vessels and how they can be prevented.
• how to inspect and report damages and defects in vessel construction.
• Basic principles of factors affecting vessels energy con-sumption