Law and Legislation 2 MO20O409-3001 27.09.2021-01.11.2021
Competence objectives of the study unit
Basic knowledge of adequate conventions produced by IMO regarding safety and environmental protection of the marine environment. The basics of national maritime law.
Have an idea of the social system, the courts function and so on. Understand the meaning of the conclusion of the employment contract, understand carbon-bargaining agreement. Be aware of employers' and workers’ rights and duties of board, be aware on forced and compulsory regulations.
Recognize the existence of international safety conventions regarding marine and vessel safety (IMO, SOLAS, MARPOL).
Law and Legislation 1
Content of the study unit
Seamen's Act and related legislation such as;
• Conscription Act.
• Collective Bargaining Act.
• Act on the Rules of Court.
• The law on mediation in labor disputes.
• The Act on Cooperation within Undertakings.
• Maritime Working Hours Act.
• Annual Holidays for sailors.
• Law on the Protection of the work.
• Maritime Law and related legislation
• Conventions (SOLAS and MARPOL).