• has the knowledge and skills to give immediate first aid onboard the vessel,
• knows the first aid to be given in accidents in connection with transportation of dangerous goods.
• knows how to examine an injured/ill person and can evaluate the need for help.
• is able to apply the medical care manual in practice,
• has the skills to take appropriate action on the basis of advice received on the radio/through telephone with reference to accidents or illnesses which are likely to happen onboard a vessel.