Terrestrial Navigation and Collision Regulations 1 SF22S102-3001 07.11.2022-16.12.2022
Competence objectives of the study unit
STCW- Code: Table A-II/1
• has the skills in navigation and seamanship required for the competency for functioning as a look-out on the bridge.
• knows how to use the International Code of Signals.
Content of the study unit
The student knows
• nautical charts, their characteristics and symbols.
• the buoyage system, coordinate system, conversion of courses and easier bearings in connection with chart work.
• the deviation and variation of a magnetic compass
• the International Code of Signals
• Visual Signalling