Music Business & Administration VAL220011-3001 01.08.2022-31.12.2022
Competence objectives of the study unit
After the course students will have deeper knowledge in music business and business planning, administration of copyrights in compositions as well as productions, the importance of metadata and knowing the basics of royalty flow, the rights and obligations when releasing music.
Songwriters, Producers, Top-liners, Musicians, music teachers and entrepreneurs who want to develop music business skills on an international level.
This music business course is in co-operation with Lafo Songwriters Academy and is highly recommended for the students of the other songwriting and production courses held at the academy during the year.
Content of the study unit
• Songwriting copyright and rights organizations
• Master copyright and rights organisations
• Role of a Music Publisher – do I need one?
• International situations, agreements and splits
• Metadata and DSP’s, aggregators
• Business planning
• Special Guests
Ann Slangar, CEO Sugar House Publishing, Vaasa, Finland