The student shall have knowledge of
• different kinds of tanker types and the general principles of tanker traffic.
• operative and safety procedures in connection with load-ing/discharging and during cargo or ballast passage.
• the construction of a tanker, its equipment, and the general principles and health risks of tank cargoes.
• safety and safety equipment onboard tankers.
• pollution prevention.
Tanker Familiarisation Course
Studieperiodens (kursens) innehåll
• emergency procedures onboard a tanker
• loading, discharging, ballast operations, tank cleaning
• tanker construction and tanker equipment
• cargo and ballast pumps
• Inert Gas System (IGS)
• Crude Oil Washing
• different cargo types and their characteristics and risks
• safety regulations and safety equipment
• pollution prevention, equipment, certificates
• measures to be taken in connection with an oil spillage
• air pollution in connection with tanker cargoes