Medical Care 2 MM14O312-3007 12.09.2022-07.10.2022
Studieperiodens (kursens) lärandemål
• has the knowledge and skills to give immediate first aid onboard the vessel,
• knows the first aid to be given in accidents in connec-tion with transportation of dangerous goods.
• knows how to examine an injured/ill person and can evaluate the need for help.
• is able to apply the medical care manual in practice,
• has the skills to take appropriate action on the basis of advice received on the radio/through telephone with ref-erence to accidents or illnesses which are likely to hap-pen onboard a vessel.
Medical Care 1: First Aid
Studieperiodens (kursens) innehåll
• medical treatment equipment onboard according to the ship’s medicine chest
• medical rules and recommendations
• medical consultation
• anatomy and physiology (breathing, blood circulation, nervous system, abdominal organs, skeleton)
• pharmacology (basic principles, forms of medicine, ways of giving medicine, risks of using medicines, handling and storage, using Pharmaca Fennica, abuse of medicines)
• asepsis and hygiene
• basics of patient care
• examining an injured or ill person
• lack of oxygen in the body; heart attack, cardiac arrest, drowning, lack of consciousness
• first aid in connection with chemical accidents
• first aid in connection with spinal injuries, fractures and muscle damages
• first aid in connection with burns, scalds and frost-bites
• wound care