Lecturer's slides and handouts. Reference book: Exploring Raspberry Pi: Interfacing to the Real World with Embedded Linux by Derek Molloy
Online lectures and hands on exercises done in groups from home.
Participation in lectures and exercises is monitored. An individual portfolio covering the exercises has to be made.
26.10.2020 - 31.12.2020
26.09.2020 - 01.11.2020
8 - 18
Institutionen för teknik och sjöfart
Tom Lillhonga, Hans Lindén
Participants borrow equipment from Novia during the course.
Utbildning i el- och automationsteknik
Vasa, Wolffskavägen 33
Objectives: Basics hands-on knowledge in building and programming IoT systems. IoT communication and wireless communication overview.
- What is IoT and the future
Basic IoT hands-on projects
- Getting to know Raspberry PI and cloud computing services for IoT
- Node-red visual programming and Dashboard
- Commercial platforms probably IoT-Ticket
- Overview of the wireless technology used in IoT
- Hands on exercises using LoraWAN and commercial networks
- Using IoT and smart sensors and devices to control your home.
- Using voice control with smart speakers or smartphones
3.11.2020 - 31.12.2020.
The course start on-line on Tuesday 3.11 at 16.30 (2 hours). Every Tuesday 16.30 – 18.00 on-line lectures will be held until week 51. Students are doing weekly hands-on exercises in groups, at time and location that suites the group best.
Approved: Active participation in lectures and excercises, approved portfolio
Otherwise, not approved.