- obtain knowledge of health care- and social welfare structures and services, both nationally and internationally
- become familiar with the treatment- and service chains and design of social- and health care
- understand the principles of health legislation in Finland and will be able to apply laws and regulations to his/her health care practice.
- be able to apply theoretical knowledge to nursing care in order to guide the patient in matters concerning rights to health care and social services.
- understand the importance of confidentiality and sustainability in all phases of the nursing process, and be able to act in accordance with such principles
- prepare to promote patient safety in all phases of the nursing process
- knows and understand how to work according to the data security and data protection