|Search for study unit:||ECTS||1||2||3||4||1A||1S||2A||2S||3A||3S||4A||1||2||3||4||5||1||2||3||4||5||1||2||3||4||5||1||2|
|Introduction to Studies at Novia UAS||3|
|Digital Images in Beauty Care||5|
|Beauty and Health||4|
|Skin Care and Anatomy||5|
|Skin Care Treatments||3|
|Special Skin Care||4|
|The Basics of Makeup||3|
|Makeup for Clients||5|
|Screen and Stage Makeup||5|
|Hair Design and Hair Care||5|
|Creative Hair Design||5|
|Hair Styles Through Time||5|
Style Consultation for Clients
|Style Consultation for Women||5|
|Style Consultation for Men||5|
|Personal Style Consultation||5|
Entrepreneurship in Beauty Care
|Customer Service and Social Media||5|
|Entrepreneurship and Company Establishment||6|
|Marketing and Sales||5|
Esthetic and Visual Content
|Creating Looks and Content||5|
Research and Leadership
|Research Methodology II||5|
|Teaching and Guidance||3|
|Organisation and Leadership||3|
The Content and Development of Cosmetics
|Cells and Molecules||5|
|Product Development of Cosmetics||5|
|Thesis part 1, Idea and Theoretical Ground||3|
|Thesis part 2, Method and Execution||7|
|Thesis part 3, Statement and Presentation||5|
|Basic Beauty Skills||15|
|Specialized Beauty Skills||15|
|Advanced Beauty Skills and Leadership||15|
|Event and Project Skills||3|
(Select 5 ECTS)
|ECTS credits per period / semester / academic year||67||61||60||17||33||34||30||31||31||29||17||16.5||16.5||11.3||11.3||11.3||15||15||10.3||10.3||10.3||15.6||15.6||9.7||9.7||9.7||8.5||8.5|
Due to the timing of optional and elective courses, credit accumulation per semester / academic year may vary.
Beauty and Cosmetics is a creative and broad industry that contains different areas of competences. The Degree Programme of Beauty and Cosmetics, Beauty Care is a small, familiar programme that gives competences such as style and looks, makeup, hair and skin care, entrepreneurship, marketing and sales, image photography, inner well-being, product knowledge and cosmetics. During the studies students create and participate in projects and events.
Student-centered working methods, teamwork and project work, virtual studies, workshops, lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, study visits, student internship and self-studies are the teaching methods at the degree programme. The students have also access to a beauty studio.
The student internship covers 48 credit points and every academic year students complete one internship of 15 credit points. Internship abroad is popular among students and it gives good opportunities to tie international contacts and create industry networks. Thesis comprise 15 credit points and becomes a part of the Bachelor´s personal competence profile.
Competence in elaboration of Beauty Care services and products
• The Bachelor of Beauty Care can plan and elaborate services within skin and hair care and manage service production during elaboration of the industry and the own profession. The Bachelor engage in an international work environment with respect for ethical principles.
Skin, hair, makeup and style skills
• The Bachelor of Beauty Care master the principles of human anatomical, physiological and bodily functions, and the care and style-related factors that promote good health. The Bachelor can guide customers and the work community in the safe use and elaboration of industry products, services and tools.
• The Bachelor of Beauty Care master the chemical, physiological and communicative traits of cosmetic products, and consider the requirements of raw materials and packaging, legislation and sustainable elaboration in own dealings with cosmetic products in connection with the various tasks in the industry, sales, marketing and product development.
Competence in the beauty industry´s business and entrepreneurship
• The Bachelor of Beauty Care has knowledge of the principles for planning activities for business within the industry and of the rules of entrepreneurship and can apply the tools of business activities in a national and international business environment. The Bachelor operates as an entrepreneur and can elaborate the business on an ethical sustainable basis.
Competence in the beauty industry´s research and development
• The Bachelor of Beauty Care has the ability, with the help of networks, to research and develop business activities in the industry and in own professional area in a work-related way.